The 56-year-old man, whose name has not been released to the public, was a division commander on the periphery of Seoul, South Korea. He allegedly had touched the hand of a female subordinate in a car against her wishes for three to four seconds. The alleged sexual harassment happened around March 2018. Army investigators told Yonhap News Agency (Yonhap).
Defense Minister Song Young-moo ordered the army’s investigation team to handle the incident last week immediately after related information was reported to him. Yonhap said the military court will handle this case.
There’re at least two more victims, both in the military, in similar cases to the general, army investigators said.
SEOUL, July 9 (Yonhap) — A South Korean Army division commander was dismissed Monday for allegedly sexually harassing female soldiers.https://bit.ly/2zmLduf
In the first half of 2018, 42 sexual abuse cases were reported in the military, Yonhap reported. In 2016, 871 sexual crimes were reported in the South Korea military, rising steadily from 478 in 2013, Kim Hak-Yong, the representative of the main opposition Liberty Korea Party, told KBS World Radio in October 2017.
From NTD Television